Reilly's Dairy was
originally started as Meadow View Farm Dairy by Thomas W. Reilly in
1942. This operation included milk processing and home delivery
with one truck.
In 1964 the processing
plant was closed and milk was purchased from Dairylea Corporation with
two trucks making deliveries.
By 1973 the business was
expanded to include commercial distribution with five trucks serving a
five county area, supplying schools, stores and restaurants, changing
the name of the business in 1976 to Reilly's Dairy, Inc. with Richard
Reilly as president and Thomas Reilly as secretary.
In 1977 a retail dairy
store was opened at the current convenience store location, and Thomas
In 1980 self-service
gasoline was added with Citgo branded gasoline.
In 1982 the wholesale
milk operations were sold, with renewed focus on the retail store
In 1983 the Redemption
Center was added behind the store, in direct response to the newly
implemented bottle deposit bill.
1986 saw the first of
several remodeling changes to the retail store.
In 1989 the Car Wash was
added to the operations, providing a new much needed service to the
1999 saw a change from
Citgo to Sunoco branded gasoline, and the addition of diesel fuel.
In 2000 we are proud to
announce our newest addition, self-service storage units located on Mill
Street, just around the corner from the store.
In 2001 we have
completely redesigned our deli program, dropping the Subway brand so we
could provide a larger variety including a pizza program and a bakery
IN 2004 we have built a
brand new store and redemption center, to serve you, our customer
always, our focus is serving the many needs of our customers, and
community. We look forward to continuing this service in the
Richard N. Reilly,